Join us with your costumes on Halloween for a Covid-Free Trunk or Treat! Our members and friends will be parked in the back waiting to celebrate with you! All treats are pre-packaged and will be handed out wearing gloves and masks. Also, we will be spaced out to foster social distancing!
Parents: We will be gloved and masked for your protection and will be wiping surfaces after they are touched. Please encourage your children above 3 years old to either wear a mask or face shield, if possible. If walking from Fayette Street, please walk on the sidewalk, as cars may be coming down the driveway.
Parking will be available, but please enter through the Fayette Street entrance only and exit through the back. The area for the candy delivery will be cordoned off for your child's protection.
1. Purchase candy or gift items and consider prepackaging them in small plastic bags using appropriate hygiene.
2. Arrive by 2:30 p.m. to set up your vehicle/spot.
- Pull into a marked parking space (with two spaces between you and the next vehicle).
- You can pass out candy from your trunk or place a tray table behind your car with your candy on it. If you will be placing your treats on a table or the back of your car (for social distancing), space the treat bags so children touch only their own, then wipe the area with a cleansing wipe before putting more down. If you are handing them out, you MUST wear a mask or face shield and gloves. DO NOT LET CHILDREN DIG INTO A BOWL. THIS COULD BE A SUPER-SPREADER!
- If you are bringing allergen-free items (such as toys or nut- or dairy-free items, consider putting out a teal pumpkin to alert the parents that your treat is safe.
- Feel free to decorate your vehicle for the event and wear a costume, but in any case, you MUST wear a mask. Ideas for vehicle decoration can be found online by searching trunk or treat car decoration ideas.
- Feel free to bring a chair or two and enjoy meeting our neighbors!
3. WE NEED INDIVIDUALS TO MANAGE TRAFFIC, ETC. PLEASE CALL PASTOR MARY KAY IF YOU CAN HELP.